Minutes of the AGM of Clitheroe Mountaineering Club held on Thursday 18th Nov 2021 at Clitheroe Cricket Club

1.Apologies –Gill, Peter, Ian, Eric, Catherine, Shaun, Liz, Rob, Chris, Bern, Jane, Richard, Ronnie, Sue S.

2. Minutes of last AGM –These were agreed by members and signed. Proposed Godfrey, Seconded Dave D.

3. Matters Arising- Sue thanked Humph for organising the Lasagne and Frank for suggesting this.

Hut guidelines need updating. Sue to speak with Chris.

December meeting will be a quiz and Hot Pot Supper.

4.Chairman’s Report- Attached

5.Proposals for 2022- Membership fee to be reduced to £20 for 1 year only due to inactivity during Covid. All in favour of this.

Website shop to be further developed for hut meet purchases etc.

Plan this year to have 3 hut meets plus Keswick meet.

6. Treasurer’s Report- Frank presented two years accounts, as last year there had not been an AGM. He explained the various transactions. There were no queries. Humph reminded us that the £1000 listed as a donation was a gift from Terry Overy, prior to his death. Terry wished it to be spent on a meal at a relevant hut meet. Humph decided to put it in the club account and it is ring fenced for this purpose.

Report proposed by Humph, seconded Dave D.

Humph thanked Dave G for examining our accounts.

7. Secretary’s Report- Membership in the last two years has dropped to 64 members.

BMC fees are this year £21 which means the club will actually make a £1 loss which is absorbable. Fees will need to be reviewed next year, as BMC fees are index linked.  Anne thanked the several dual Fell and Rock/ CMC members for donating their refunds to the club. Proposed Alison. Seconded Godfrey.

8.Election of Officers- All present committee members are willing to stand again in their positions. No other members were interested in joining the committee so it was re-elected en bloc. Proposed Anne P. Seconded Brian D.

Sue was thanked for her efforts in keeping us altogether during the Pandemic

Chairman                               Sue Hembury

Vice-Chairman                      Peter Sharpe

Secretary                               Anne Pickup

Treasurer                               Frank Taylor

Minutes                                  Ann Connell

Hut Booking Coordinator    Godfrey Metcalfe

Hut Booking Secretary.      Chris Smitton

Indoor Meets                         Humphrey Johnson

Climbing Coordinator         Dave Dewhurst

Blog                                        Marjorie Brass

Website                                  Ronnie Doctor/IanGrace

Ad Hoc members                Brian Davies, Shaun Woodward

Account examiner                Dave Grosvenor

Advisors                                 Ronnie Doctor, Brian Davies, Shaun Woodward

9.Programme 2022- A pro forma was distributed. Many walks etc were already planned and members were asked to volunteer for talks, quizzes, walks or other events.

Godfrey is hoping to book the Lancashire Mountaineering Club hut at Beddgelert for March/ April. Awaiting reply.

Programme proposed by Dave G. seconded Alison.

Scottish May Meet. Skye has been cancelled. Peter is suggesting members book their own accommodation in Aviemore instead. Humph offered to take up to 6 members to the Fell and Rock hut there. Dave and Pam know of lodges.

Jackie Gallimore would love support on her charity fundraiser in memory of Howard . She is undertaking the Yorkshire 30 peaks.

10.Keswick Planning. Covid has necessitated some changes to be made to ensure all our safety. Extra microwaves, kettles, toasters will be available in the lounge to take pressure off the kitchen. Those members who have electric cool boxes are asked to take them to relieve pressure/contacts near the fridge. Advice to bring small pans if you are cooking.

Ann is arranging Lasagne for interested members, for Fri night to replace the usual outing to the George Inn, which she feels is an unnecessary risk.

There are 41 people inc 5 guests, booked onto the weekend and rooms have been allocated. Frank is sending out an information letter tomorrow.

Jane and Dave then asked for volunteers to make starters and desserts. Discussion took place re veg preparation. Ann offered to do some of this at home, again  to prevent too many people in the kitchen. Jane will advise re this.