Minutes of the AGM of Clitheroe Mountaineering Club held on Thursday 22nd Nov 2018 at Clitheroe Cricket Club
Catherine Mansfield, Jean Davies, John Barrett, Ian and Pauline Grace, Richard Cook, Martin Hawkins, Ronnie Doctor, Judith and Hannah Metcalfe, Marie Heywood, Mike Nelson.
- MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING have been available on the website. No errors so these were duly signed by Chairman, Chris Smitton.
- MATTERS ARISING- None
- CHAIRMAN’S REPORT-Chris Smitton
Chris reported that most events have been successful and well attended. The new venue at Low House, Swaledale proved popular. Shortage of toilets and lack of drying facilities were two negative points.
Good idea to plan outside events during the busy Cricket season.
Several different activities have been enjoyed including Bocce organised by Jane and Frank and a treasure hunt, which turned into an indoor quiz, due to inclement weather by Marge. There have been two trips abroad one organised by Sue for skiing and another by Ann to the Picos de Europa. Ian again kindly organised the Scottish trip.
Amanda has set up a WhatsApp group for cycling buddies, which has proved popular.
The Keswick meet is taking place at a new venue this year in Portinscale. There are about 35 already booked on to the weekend. The Swinside Inn was suggested as a venue for people for the Friday night meal.
Jane and Dave are kindly coordinating the Saturday meal again which is much appreciated
Chris then thanked all the members of the committee without whom, the club wouldn’t function. She said they have been very supportive of her when she took over the role of chairman and she is very grateful for this. She announced her resignation tonight and stated that she had really enjoyed the role.
Ann then presented her with a plant as a token of our appreciation.
- TREASURER’S REPORT- Frank Taylor
Frank discussed the accounts which were available for all members to see. There were no queries on these. Dave Grosvenor had examined them.
Despite the purchase of a new projector and two hard drive storage discs the balance had increased by £35. 60% of hut bookings are now online.
Frank reminded everybody that the membership, which was remaining at £20 could be paid online and members to send an email to himself and Anne Pickup if they were paying anything by this method.
Proposed — Rob Smitton. Seconded —Nick Millward. All in favour
- SECRETARY’S REPORT -Anne Pickup
There are currently 79 members.
There has been one new member. Sadly Barbara Duxbury had died during the year.
Anne reminded people to check their personal details when the new list comes out.
- INDOOR MEETS REPORT-Humphrey Johnson
Humph was absent but he has planned a varied and sociable programme for next year
- CLIMBERS’ REPORT- Rob Smitton
Rob reported that membership had stabilised.
Although it had been a mixed year, with some members having health issues and one on Paternity leave, the normal activity had been maintained. A new outdoor venue at Llangollen was very enjoyable.
Eight Members enjoyed climbing in the Costa Blanca.
The indoor hall at Preston is under new management and has now got very hard climbs and this is posing problems for some members. This has therefore reduced the choice of indoor walls to Harrogate and Ingleton.
- HUTS REPORT
Godfrey has all huts arranged for next year including a return to Low Gillerthwaite
He has booked a new MAM hut in Matlock. In January he will be booking for 2020 and members are invited to make suggestions, as to where they would like to go.
10.ELECTION OF OFFICERS
All officers were willing to continue.
Proposed Val, Seconded, Godfrey. All in favour
Sue Hembury was nominated as Chairman
Proposed Chris S, Seconded Sue S. All in Favour
Peter Sharpe was nominated as Vice Chairman
Proposed Rob S, Seconded Godfrey. All in favour
Sue now took over the chair.
- PROPOSED PROGRAMME 2019
Chris handed out copies of the new calendar and a short discussion followed.
Acceptance of the Calendar was proposed by Ann C, Seconded Godfrey, All in favour.
- Facebook. Chris has had several requests to join the club Facebook site, from people who are not members. She had tried to reply to them by email recommending they have a look at the club website. Members feel that a small working party to include Ian Grace, Ronnie Doctor and Frank Taylor should be set up. It is felt that there could be data protection and privacy issues in allowing non members access to this site. If access was to be allowed it could be a way of recruiting younger members. Brian suggested having one member to monitor the Facebook activity.
- December Meeting. Photograph competition and pie and peas supper.
- Jane and Dave then asked for volunteers to make starters, puddings, mulled wine, cheese and biscuits etc for the Christmas meet. Jane will circulate on email a comprehensive list for us all to see.
- Frank presented Dave G with a bottle of wine as thanks for his help in verifying the club accounts.
Sue thanked everyone for coming and the meeting closed at 9:15